Thursday, November 8, 2007


KATHLEEN WILLEY has written a book describing her personal mistreatment by Bill Clinton in the Oval office and the subsequent slander and intimidation campaign conducted against her. Willey is one those women who have accused Clinton of everything from groping to physical assault and who have been dismissed or ridiculed by the press and treated as trailer trash by leaders of a women's movement far more interested in protecting the Clintons then in helping his victims. These abused women have largely faded thanks to a Democratic lie that Clintons' only real problem involved Monica Lewinsky.

Willey obtained a meeting with Clinton in November 1993 in order to beg for help for her husband Ed Willey, who had helped on the campaign and was in a mess of trouble including owing the IRS somewhere between $400,000 and $1 million depending on which version of the tale is true.

Willey subsequently charged that Clinton had groped her, including fondling her breasts.

What she did not know at the time, though, was that her husband was lying dead in a distant Virginia woods, having purportedly committed suicide.

Willey no longer believes it was a suicide, but what is particularly interesting about her account is the following, as described in World News Daily:

"Willey writes that after her husband's death, her friend Carole in Colorado told her something she had not known. Ed had confided to Carole's husband that he had taken a briefcase full of cash to Little Rock, Ark., during the presidential campaign.

"Willey said she was shocked but acknowledged her husband could have done it. Later she found a reference on a blog that explored illegal fundraising activities by the Clintons and noted Ed Willey was known for 'handling large briefcases full of cash' as part of the 1992 presidential campaign."

If so, he was not the only one. Two month after the death of Vince Foster and two months before the death of Ed Willey, Clinton campaign security operative Jerry Parks was shot and killed in Little Rock in a gang style slaying. The story received virtually no attention save for a few journals including the Progressive Review. The murder remains unsolved.

In this book, 'The Secret Life of Bill Clinton,' British journalist Ambrose Evans-Prichard gives some of the background:

"Later, during the early stages of the presidential campaign, Parks made at least two trips to the town of Mena, in the Ouachita Mountains of western Arkansas. Mena had come up in conversations before. [Parks' wife Jane] told me that Parks had been a friend of Barry Seal, a legendary cocaine smuggler and undercover U.S. operative who had established a base of operations at Mena airport. Parks had even attended Seal's funeral in Baton Rouge after Seal was assassinated by Colombian pistoleros in February 1986.

"One of the trips was in 1991, she thought, although it could have been 1992. The morning after Jerry got back from Mena she borrowed his Lincoln to go to the grocery store and discovered what must have been hundreds of thousands of dollars in the trunk. "It was all in $100 bills, wrapped in string, layer after layer. It was so full I had to sit on the trunk to get it shut again," she said.
"I took a handful of money and threw it in his lap and said, 'Are you running drugs?' Jerry said Vince had paid him $1000 cash for each trip. He didn't know what they were doing, and he didn't want to know either, and nor should I. He told me to forget what I'd seen."

The story gets much more complicated, but bear in mind that if Willey's revelation is correct, we are now dealing with three deaths of men of seamy backgrounds connected to the Clinton operation - all within four months of each other, two being questionable suicides and one a gangland type slaying. Further, all three of the men were allegedly involved in moving large amounts of cash in briefcases, some from the major drug importation center of Mena.

It has long seemed possible that the money was part of a drug-related sideline for Vince Foster and that his death might have been the result of a mob hit to avoid the new unpleasantness of Washington media scrutiny, but with Willey's book, one must at least consider the chance that this drug money was actually going into a political campaign.

This may seem far fetched to those not familiar with drug operations in Arkansas during the Clinton years but suffice to say they were enormous. One drug pilot, explaining why he liked landing in Arkansas, described a delivery in pasture where the pickup was a state trooper in a marked car. Further, because of cultural differences and a lack of centralized control, the so-called Dixie Mafia was actually more deadly than its northern uncle.

Like the mayors or governors in prohibition films, a major politicians' job is not to run these operations but to dance with the ones that brung ya, beginning with looking the other way. Not surprisingly, there are rewards.

There is, in fact, no way we can understand the history of post-Reagan America without considering the relationship of the illegal drug trade to our politics. Media, think tanks, academics and activists all avoid this truth, but it doesn't make it go away. An illegal drug business the size of the legal pharmaceutical industry is not a conspiracy theory; it is reality.

Willey will certainly be attacked by the Clintonistas so it is well to remember that she did pass an FBI lie detector test concerning her allegations against the president.

Further, it is certainly possible that Jane Parks did not tell Ambrose-Prichard the truth, especially since the man whom Parks later married - Dr David Millstein - was also murdered, a victim of multiple stab wounds. But it is also worth noting that the murder - over a year ago - remains unsolved despite the involvement of the local police, state police and, quite curiously, the FBI. Further, the closeness of Parks and Foster was confirmed to Ambrose-Prichard by none other than the latter's brother-in-law.

As usual with the Clinton story, there are no final answers, only an amazing aggregation of bizarre anomalies worthy of further study but which media steadfastly ignores. Stay tuned.

- Kathleen Willey became known in the summer of 1997 after lawyers for Clinton accuser Paula Jones gave her name to a national magazine reporter. She was scheduled to become one of only three witnesses in the Clinton impeachment trial until some members of the House and Senate refused to allow her to testify.

In the book, Willey recounts numerous incidents she believes were designed to terrorize her into silence, with the latest taking place in September, just as the book was in its final stages.

As WND reported, Willey said she was the target of an unusual house burglary over the Labor Day weekend for which she blames the Clintons. While asleep upstairs in her Virginia home, she said, a copy of a manuscript for "Target" was stolen.

Willey told WND the break-in at her house reminded her of the widely reported incident 10 years ago in which she claimed she was threatened near her present Richmond-area home by a "jogger" just two days before she was to testify against President Clinton in the Jones case. . .

Facing a deadline to repay hundreds of thousands of dollars he owed to "bad people" who threatened him, Ed Willey had an apparent motive for suicide, and five notes to loved ones were discovered by his secretary. But Kathleen Willey writes "she could never understand how he could leave us," noting that while the letters are in his writing, "I also know that anyone would write anything at gunpoint."

WORLD NEWS DAILY - Kathleen Willey, the woman who says Bill Clinton groped her in the Oval Office, claims she was the target of an unusual house burglary over the weekend that nabbed a manuscript for her upcoming book, which promises explosive revelations that could damage Sen. Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

Willey told WND little else was taken from her rural Virginia home as she slept alone upstairs – electronics and jewelry were left behind. . .

The break-in, she said, reminded her of the widely reported incident 10 years ago in which she claimed she was threatened near the same Richmond-area home by a stranger just two days before she was to testify against President Clinton in the Paula Jones sexual harassment case. . .

Willey believes the break-in and theft were prompted by teasers of the book's contents published last week in U.S. News and World Report's "Washington Whispers" column and the New York Daily News.

Willey points out her story was deemed credible by the FBI, Independent Counsel Ken Starr and CBS "60 Minutes" producers who allowed her to recount it in front of 29 million viewers.

Willey's name became known in the summer of 1997 after lawyers for Clinton accuser Paula Jones gave her name to a national magazine reporter. The lawyers had filed a lawsuit in federal court against President Clinton for sexual harassment of their client and were looking for other women who claimed similar abuse. Willey was subpoenaed by Jones' attorneys to be deposed in their case, and after many months of unsuccessful legal maneuvering, she was forced to testify.

During the months that led up to her testimony, however, she was courted by the White House and the president's attorneys to avoid testifying and then to "plead the fifth" if she was forced to take the stand.

Two days before her testimony, she was approached at dawn by a stranger while walking in her neighborhood. The man threatened her and her children, and references were made to her damaged car and missing 13-year-old pet. The message, she said, was clear: Remain silent.

Willey, nevertheless, told her story of alleged assault by the president and later became a cooperating witness before Starr's grand jury.

She was scheduled to become one of only three witnesses in the Clinton impeachment trial until some members of the House and Senate refused to allow her to testify.

In his deposition in the Jones case, Clinton acknowledged he met with Willey but "emphatically" denied her account, saying, "It did not happen ... there was nothing sexual about it."


THE REVIEW, 1999 - Contrary to heavy Clintonista spin, it turns out that Kathleen Willey passed a FBI lie detector test when she alleged that Clinton had made a sexual advance on her. Writes AP's Peter Yost: "In a second test six days later at the FBI polygraph unit in Washington, Mrs. Willey was asked, 'In November 1993 did the president place his hand on your breast?' and 'Did President Clinton place your hand on his groin?' Both times, Mrs. Willey answered 'yes,' the FBI summary stated. . .

- Just a week after Kathleen Willey went public with new details about a stranger who tracked her down and warned against testifying in the Paula Jones case, Inside Cover has learned that Juanita Broaddrick says she was also followed just days before her interview with House impeachment investigators. And, in yet another mysterious twist mirroring Willey's allegations, Broaddrick reveals that her house pets were set loose and that her phone was tampered with shortly after her first contacts with the press in early 1998.

Broaddrick told NewsMax's Carl Limbacher, "There was a small gray car parked for about a day and a half up on the highway just outside my property and when I left I noticed it would follow me." Broaddrick said she and her husband never got close enough to read the license plate but assumed the car belonged to a reporter. "It never really frightened me," Broaddrick quickly added. "But it's just that the person was there."

"The only incident that frightened us was when our house was broken into while we were gone for a few days. Somebody got into the house and took the tape from my answering machine. And then they let my three cats out." Broaddrick stresses that there was no sign of forced entry -- but neither was there any explanation for the missing phone tape and mysteriously freed pets. "The last thing I did before we left was make sure the cats were in the house. And, of course, the answering machine tape just disappeared."

US NEWS & WORLD REPORT, March 30, 1998: When Kathleen Willey dropped Nathan Landow's name into her amended deposition for the Paula Jones case in February, shudders went through Vice President Al Gore's camp - and not just because Willey had presented a credible account of hormones run amok in the Oval Office. For more than a decade, Landow, a 65-year-old multimillionaire Maryland developer, has served as Gore's most enthusiastic fund-raiser. . . In Willey's original January 11 deposition in the Jones case, she denied that anyone had tried to influence her deposition, and Landow's name never came up. But a month later, in a written revision, Willey noted that she had "discussed" her deposition with Landow. In subsequent testimony before Starr's grand jury, Willey has reportedly alleged that Landow tried to pressure her into recanting her story of sexual harassment at the hands of President Clinton. Through his lawyers, Landow has issued a vociferous denial that he made any attempt to influence Willey's testimony. But sources close to Landow acknowledge that in October, weeks after Willey received a subpoena in the Jones case, Landow paid a private charter company to fly her--at her request--to his oceanside Maryland estate. According to Landow's lawyer Joe Caldwell Jr., "The contact between Mr. Landow and Ms. Willey last fall was initiated by Ms. Willey." . . . Over the past two decades, Landow has received more than his share of dings. A fund-raiser for Jimmy Carter, Landow was being considered for an ambassadorship to the Netherlands in 1977. But in January 1978, the Washington Post published a story linking Landow with Joe Nesline, a known associate of organized crime figures. The disclosure appeared to scuttle Landow's ambassadorial aspirations, but not his party influence.

RICHARD HESTER, KTLO - Two more search warrants have been served in connection with the murder investigation of Mountain Home physician David Millstein and authorities continue to receive and investigate a large amount of information. During a press conference today, Mountain Home Police Chief Carry Manuel revealed that local police investigators, assisted by the Arkansas State Police from Little Rock, and the FBI searched a residence and a vehicle at undisclosed locations over the long Fourth of July holiday weekend.

Although authorities won't say where the warrants were served, Chief Manuel says the investigation has been confined to Arkansas. . . Manuel declined to comment on how the FBI is involved in the case but said they have expertise in several areas that would be beneficial to investigators. . .

Chief Manuel confirmed there has been some limited conversation between Mountain Home investigators and Little Rock police. Millstein, who moved to Mountain Home seven years ago from Searcy, was married to Lois Parks who lives in the Little Rock area. Parks' previous husband, Luther Gerald "Jerry" Parks Jr., who was shot to death in west Little Rock in 1993 at the age of 47. Parks was driving home to Roland in rural Pulaski County when he was shot twice in the chest and once in the abdomen by someone who pulled up beside him. That murder remains unsolved. Manuel said Little Rock police might be interested in the Millstein case.

- "I'm a dead man," whispered Jerry Parks, pale with shock, as he looked up at the television screen. It was a news bulletin on the local station in Little Rock. Vincent Foster, a childhood friend of the President, had been found dead in a park outside Washington. Apparent suicide.

He never explained to his son Gary what he meant by that remark, but for the next two months the beefy 6' 3" security executive was in a state of permanent fear. He would pack a pistol to fetch the mail. On the way to his offices at American Contract Services in Little Rock he would double back or take strange routes to "dry-clean" the cars that he thought were following him. At night he kept tearing anxiously at his eyebrows, and raiding the valium pills of his wife, Jane, who was battling multiple sclerosis. Once he muttered darkly that Bill Clinton's people were "cleaning house," and he was "next on the list."

Two months later, in September 1993, Jerry and Jane went on a Caribbean cruise. He seemed calmer. At one of the islands he went to take care of some business at a bank. She believed it was Grand Cayman. They returned to their home in the rural suburbs of Little Rock on September 25. The next day Jane was in one of her "down" periods, so Jerry went off on his own for the regular Sunday afternoon supper at El Chico Mexican Restaurant.

On the way back, at about 6:30 PM, a white Chevrolet Caprice pulled up beside him on the Chenal Parkway. Before Parks had time to reach for his .38 caliber "detective special" that he kept tucked between the seats, an assassin let off a volley of semi-automatic fire into his hulking 320 pound frame.

Parks skidded to a halt in the intersection of Highway 10. The stocky middle-aged killer jumped out and finished him off with a 9 mm handgun-- two more shots into the chest at point blank range. Several witnesses watched with astonishment as the nonchalant gunman joined his accomplice in the waiting car and sped away. . .

Gary then said that his father had been collecting files on Bill Clinton. "Working on his infidelities," he said, grinning. "It had been going on for years. He had enough to impeach Bill Clinton on the spot."
At some point in 1988, when he was about 17, he had accompanied Jerry on four or five nocturnal missions. Armed with long range surveillance cameras, they would stake out the haunts of the Governor until the early hours of the morning. Quapaw Towers was one of them, he remembered. That was where Gennifer Flowers lived.

It was a contract job, Gary believed, but he did not know who was paying for the product. Some of the material was kept in two files, stored in the bottom drawer of the dresser in his parents' bedroom. He had sneaked in one day, terrified that his father might catch him, and flicked through the papers just long enough to see photos of women coming and going with Governor Clinton, and pages of notes in his father's handwriting. . .

In late July 1993 the family house on Barrett Road was burgled in a sophisticated operation that involved cutting the telephone lines and disarming the electronic alarm system. The files were stolen. Gary suspected that this was somehow tied to his father's death two months later. . .

[Jane Parks] revealed that Jerry Parks had carried out sensitive assignments for the Clinton circle for almost a decade, and the person who gave him his instructions was Vince Foster. It did not come as a total shock. I already knew that there was some kind of tie between the two men. Foster's brother-in-law, Lee Bowman, told me long ago that Vince had recommended Jerry Parks for security work in the mid-1980s. "I was struck by how insistent he was that Parks was a 'man who could be trusted,'" said Bowman, a wealthy Little Rock stockbroker. . .

Jerry, in turn, "respected Vince Foster more than anybody else in the world." It was a strange, clandestine relationship. Foster called the Parks home more than a hundred times, identifying himself with the code name, "The Congressman." . . .

By the late 1980s Vince trusted Parks enough to ask him to perform discreet surveillance on the Governor. "Jerry asked him why he needed this stuff on Clinton. He said he needed it for Hillary," recalled Jane. . .

Contact with Foster was rare after he moved to the White House. But he telephoned in mid-July 1993, about a week before his death. He explained that Hillary had worked herself into a state about "the files," worried that there might be something in them that could cause real damage to Bill or herself. The conversation was brief and inconclusive. Jerry told Vince Foster that there was indeed "plenty to hurt both of them. But you can't give her those files, that was the agreement." Jerry did not seem too perturbed at the time.

A few days later Foster called again. . .

"You're not going to use those files!" said Jerry angrily. Foster tried to soothe him. He said he was going to meet Hillary at "the flat" and he was going to give her the files. "You can't do that," said Parks. "My name's all over this stuff. You can't give Hillary those files. You can't! Remember what she did, what you told me she did. She's capable of doing anything!"

"We can trust Hil. Don't worry," said Foster. . .

The rambler-style home of the Parks family was swarming with federal agents on the day after Jerry's assassination. Jane remembers men flashing credentials from the FBI, the Secret Service, the IRS, and, she thought, the CIA. Although the CIA made no sense. Nothing made any sense. The federal government had no jurisdiction over a homicide case, and to this day the FBI denies that it ever set foot in her house.

But the FBI was there, she insisted, with portable X-ray machines and other fancy devices. An IRS computer expert was flown in from Miami to go through Jerry's computers. Some of them stayed until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning. The men never spoke to Jane or tried to comfort her. The only conversation was a peremptory request for coffee. . .

With the help of the Little Rock Police Department the FBI ransacked the place, confiscating files, records, and 130 tapes of telephone conversations--without giving a receipt. "I've asked them to give it all back, but the police refuse to relinquish anything. They told me there's nothing they can do about the case as long as Bill Clinton is in office.". . .

I do not pretend to understand why Jerry Parks was murdered. But the indications that the Parks case is somehow intertwined with the death of Vincent Foster is surely compelling enough to warrant a proper investigation. Instead, nobody cares to learn what Mrs. Parks has to say.

PHILIP WEISS, MONDO WEISS - In Little Rock in 1996, for the New York Times Magazine, I interviewed a Clinton hater named Gary Parks. Parks was a former auto salesman and something of a troubled youth. He'd kicked around, he'd had physical injury. His dad had been murdered: Luther "Jerry" Parks, a former state cop, who had been head of security for the Clinton headquarters in Little Rock during the presidential campaign in 1992, had been murdered less than a year after the election. This is incredible and true: Two months after Vince Foster dies, Jerry Parks, Clinton's former security aide, is slain gangland style, with a semiautomatic handgun, his car shot up in West Little Rock. The media didn't touch it, and they were allowed to drop it. . .

It was [Gary] Parks' assertion that his late father and Vince Foster had once investigated Clinton's affairs at Hillary's behest. He said that Vince Foster had called up his father, who was working as a private investigator, to look into Clinton's romantic life in about 1980, after Bill Clinton had lost the governor's office following his first term. Parks said Hillary wanted a divorce. It looked like maybe the juggernaut she'd believed in, and married, was over. . . In the early 80s, Parks said, Hillary asked her law partner Vince Foster to prepare a divorce case and Foster called Parks, who compiled a dossier of women's statements. Parks said that Hillary later decided against a divorce, but that his father held on to the dossier. Then in 1993, Parks said, after Vince Foster went to Washington, he demanded the return of the file, and even called Jerry Parks in the days before his, Foster's, death, to demand it. And that two months later his father was murdered, because, Parks said, he had held out on returning the file. . .

CHRISTOPHER RUDDY, NEWSMAX, 1998 - The following is the verbatim grand jury testimony of Linda Tripp from her July 28 appearance before the grand jury. . .
Juror: But do you have any examples of violence being done by the administration to people who were a threat to them that allowed you to come to the conclusion that that would happen to you as well?

Tripp: I can go - if you want a specific, a personal specific, the behavior in the West Wing with senior staff to the President during the time the Jerry Parks [death] came over the fax frightened me.
Juror: Excuse me, Jerry Parks?

Tripp: He was one of the - if not the head of his [Clinton's] campaign security detail in Arkansas, then somewhere in the hierarchy of the security arrangements in Arkansas during the '92 campaign. And based on the flurry of activity and the flurry of phone calls and the secrecy, I felt this was somewhat alarming.

Juror: I don't understand.

Tripp: I don't know what else to say.

Juror: Meaning that you were alarmed at his death or at what people [in the White House] said? Or did you have knowledge that he had been killed or -

Tripp: He had been killed. I didn't even at this point remember how but it was the reaction at the White House that caused me concern, as did Vince Foster's suicide. None of the behavior following Vince Foster's suicide computed to just people mourning Mr. Foster. It was far more ominous than that and it was extremely questionable behavior on the parts of those who were immediately involved in the aftermath of his death. So - I mean I don't know how much more I can be specific except to say I am telling you under oath today that I felt endangered and I was angry and I resented it and I still do. . .

Juror: I'm sorry. We were talking the incident that happened and how the people were acting at the White House and you said they were acting strange. Can you give us some examples of what you saw to draw that conclusion? What are some of the examples? You said they were not acting as if someone had just passed or whatever, something was strange. What were the strange things?

Tripp: It replicated [referring to the Parks murder, apparently] in my mind some of the behavior following the death [sic] of Vince Foster. A fax came across the fax machine in the counsel's office from someone within the White House, and I think it was from Skip Rutherford, who was working in the Chief of Staff's office at the time [September 1994]. At the same time the fax was coming, phone calls were coming up to Bernie Nussbaum which precipitated back and forth meetings behind closed doors, all with - you know, we have to have copies of this fax and it was - an article, it came over the wire, I think, I can't remember now, but I think we actually have that somewhere, of this death, this murder or whatever it was [referring to the Parks death]. And it created a stir, shall we say, in the counsel's office which brought up some senior staff from the Chief of Staff's office up to the counsel's office where they, from all appearances, went into a meeting to discuss this. It was something that they chose not to speak about.


At November 9, 2007 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Tripp's testimony is worth citing, how come you don't mention that her testimony contradicts Willey's?

At November 9, 2007 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another link with that

I'm not a fan of The Clintons either but this is getting ridiculous.

At November 9, 2007 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nearly everyone in my (and Willey's) hometown of Richmond, VA. knows that Kathleen Willey is a nutjob and pathological liar whose word couldn't be taken as worthwhile verification of whether or not the sun came up on any given day. Get better sources Sam, if you want anyone to give any credibility to the stories you're putting up here.

At November 10, 2007 2:26 PM, Anonymous Elmagno said...

This piece lacks UFOs and Siamese twins, but is unmistakably a National Enquirer hit piece. Progressive Review is a masterpiece of a site, but I sense an awful animus at work when HRC's name is invoked. What a wincing blind spot.


Post a Comment

<< Home